OK now homosexuality and the OT... Again for all.

I find it amusing how often many Christians bring up the OT as an example that homosexual is sin, however when directly confronted about the OT they say only Jewish live by these laws. They say that Jesus liberated us from those laws. Well if that is so then why use the example? Now I have shown where there are these flaws in the NT in my other post now here are the ones to address the OT which many only use when it fits their needs. However apparently it still needs addressing.

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian

http://www.libchrist.com/other/homosexual/sodom.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/christian-discussion/84710-homosexuality-not-sin.html

The last link will blow your mind.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The reason we use the example is because it is still part of the law... Jesus did not get RID of the law He FULFILLED it...
    Many Christians DO NOT understand what that means.
    If He came to get rid of the law then.... killing would be ok.... dishonoring your parents would be ok and so on.
    No He did not come to get rid of it at all.
    He came to fullfil the reason why Jews could not be free of sin. He became sin who knew know sin. He became the sin for us so we didnt have to.
    Does this mean we go out and sin? no far be it but it means we are set free from it. Does it give us a license to continue to commit the sin of Homosexuality? No it does not. God wants each of His Children to experience freedom from it and to experience HIS Love and Grace. You will not find His love in homosexuality for it is against the very person whom He is. I will read the links that you posted and respond in next post.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• ok I only read the third one. The author misses a huge huge point. If the bible indeed doesnt say homosexuality is a sin then why isnt it encouraged? Its not because God encourages marriages and sex between a male and a female. It never ever condones same sex relations ever and it would not fall in line with God's character nor how he created man
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• AHHH I hit the tab key instead ... grr
    ok to finish this...

how he created man and woman . I still consider it sin because it is against God period and how He created us. It is un natural period.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

Wow how funny. Then we most kill those who commit sins. Correct? If we are to truly follow it. You see the point is whether or not you believe what I posted the English version of the bible shows Jesus contradicting the OT. So you can't spin around that. However I could because in the original language he actually does not do this. That is however for a later post though.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No it does not. God wants each of His Children to experience freedom from it and to experience HIS Love and Grace. You will not find His love in homosexuality for it is against the very person whom He is. I will read the links that you posted and respond in next post.

Yeah first of all who says that? Are you a scholar I gave you links from scholars or places that give you where they got their which was scholars. They clearly should where it was not a sin. As well even if it was how can you say god loves all yet that you can not find his love in homosexuality.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• ok I only read the third one. The author misses a huge huge point. If the bible indeed doesnt say homosexuality is a sin then why isnt it encouraged? Its not because God encourages marriages and sex between a male and a female. It never ever condones same sex relations ever and it would not fall in line with God's character nor how he created man how he created man and woman . I still consider it sin because it is against God period and how He created us. It is un natural period.

First of How would you necessarily know gods character from the bible? Each writer had their own style, and as I stated it contradicts itself.
    Secondly the simple statement of it not condoning it meaning it must be wrong is silly. You ask most any minister they will tell if IT IS WRONG the bible will say so. Not if it is ok. However one of my links does breifly explain this. The simple reason is at that time procreation was needed.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yeah need a man and a woman to procreate, so that would apply it to make sense that he would not be as focused with saying homosexuality is ok as he is on encouraging procreation. That is really a common sense question of process of elimination. One that answers both your last two points. There are many things not in the bible like medication, what types of sex to have, etc.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yeah, early judaism frowned on gay sex only because it did not result in children and they were a young, vulnerable people needing all the warriors they could beget. It wasn't God's law. It was the law of practicality enshrined as God's law to ensure men didn't 'waste thier seed' on men but rather...hmm... planted it in the garden that grew more Hebrews. It was politics and practicality. No more.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 2:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I really dont care how people like to have sex! I dont care who marries who. As long as it isnt my man.
    I grew up going to church and when I was reading the bible it said for each sex. If a man/woman lay with another man/woman they will burn. I dont know of any "burn" that is good. The bible also teaches us that God, is a forgiving man and who loves everybody. So if it is wrong then whenever they meet him they can have a talk about it. The only people that will know the amswer are dead. So there is no point in asking another human being. There will never be a correct answer in any book written by a living person. We are all responsible for our own salvation. If they feel God made them that way then God already knows what the deal is.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• shan, God wants each of His Children to experience freedom from it and to experience HIS Love and Grace

You would be amazed how many gays experience his love and Grace being who they are, there is no need to be living a lie to experience this.

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010