Is your baby talking a lot what is helping them do so?

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 12:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have 3 kids. boy #1 didn't talk much until he was 3. boy #2 talked pretty good by 1 yo. baby girl (the third one) is 10mo and knows quite a few words. i don't treat them different. i think the difference is that my oldest son would play a game with his brother of echo. he would say a word and make brother say it back. they would say the same word back and forth maybe 50 times. they thought it was a hoot lol. i don't think any grownup would be willing to do that day in and day out, but it keeps them occupied and tought him how to talk lol, so it's a win win for us :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Talking to him helps. Like actual conversations even if they are one-sided. And reading. I've always talked to him like I would talk to any other person. People would look at me crazy in the store when he was real little lol but it's better than talking to myself, plus it helped him learn to talk back. He prounounces words correctly,and most letter very clearly, and can sound out new words the first time he hears them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i talk to them normally. my 3yr old has a very good vocab. like instead of saying yucky, he says disgusting
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• mine are older now, but what I did was hold normal conversations with them based on what their babble sounded like they said. Yes it would be very random stuff, but I think that helped a lot.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes talking is the key!! when they look at somethiing immediately say what it is. like she looks at a red shoe. tell her. that is how they asssociate things sign lang, is also a really good tool even a few things. you can learn sign on the net too!! i have three and the 2 oldest talked very young. my 10 mo says hi , wow, whoh, and of corse dada and bubu
    Cajuntexan03

Answer by Cajuntexan03 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• she has a brother and 2 sisters to listen to, plus me and my hubby talk to her all day long!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My first was an early talker (before a year) and had sentences going soon afterwards. He was just one of those kids who it came easy for. My Mom tells me that I was an early talker as well so perhaps he got it from me?

My second is 10 months and she's got the basics: Mama, Dada, Nana (My Mom's name to the kids), hi and she's waving, clapping, blowing kisses. My first was saying more at this age though, but again, I know he was on the early side. I just talk to her alot and when she babbles at me I respond saying what I think she is trying to say. I ask her "where's daddy" and she'll look at him to try and help her figure things out more. That's the best you can do I think!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010