If your Dh's go out of town....

Is it pulling teeth to get them to call you? DH is out of town for a friends parents funeral. I realize he's with his distraught friend. But is it too much to ask for a 5 minute phone call to say honey I'm alive and I love you? Grrr. I'm not use to Dh being away from us. I'm sitting here alone cuz DD is at a sleepover. Can't he freaking call! I can't call him cuz I have no idea where he is staying tonight.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 12:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is bad at calling, but he likes to text. He is better about it now that texting is "in"
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We don't have cell phones. His mom said she thinks he's staying at his friends house. I know his friend has a phone he could use. Think is I don't want to call this friend that just buried his mom and say hey is my jackass hubby there. Just in case he's not cuz that would just be crass I think. Even if I put it nicely. I don't want to bother the guy.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No. My husband calls me several times when out of town each day. He misses us and he always wanting to talk our son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My husband goes to the hunting/fishing shack on weekends and there is a phone...I never call him...he gets irritated that I do not call him, he cannot call me because there is not a long distance service for that phone line...so he waits for me and I'm just to busy to really call. and I really do not have anything to say that cannot wait til he comes back.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No my SO call sometimes too much lol
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My first husband never called me when he was out of town. He would not even let me know that he was about to be home. I would simply hear him walk in the door. (he was very abusive-so he liked surprises)
    My fiance calls me 2 a day. Once minimum, & he in staying in Ghana, Africa right now on business. Has been there for 4 months.
    At first it drove me nuts, that he was away, now I thrive on those calls, & emails.
    Even my (recent) "Ex" made a point of calling me every day when he went out of town on production shoots.
    Men should call. They know how worried us women get. Our minds drive us crazy.

For your sanity , I do hope he calls soon!
    catysnanny

Answer by catysnanny at 1:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my hubby calls me nonstop LoL He is usually lost without me. he works 12 hr shifts & he calls at least 3-4x during the shift to chat.
    Cheribomb

Answer by Cheribomb at 1:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Ick some men suck when it comes to calling. My dh is the same way. He is always on his phone but can't find the time to call me. He went away for the weekend not to long ago for the first and only time in our 8 yrs. Did he call no! I was scared at home alone with 4 small children. Ugh men! I'd call his friends house if you really want to talk to him :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 5:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my dh ALWAYS calls no matter where he is, he will always find 'time' to call
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I can see where you would be worried. I would be worried too. My dh used to work out of town, heck out of state, A LOT for his old job. He was usually pretty good about calling me at least once a day, usually after he was done working and back in his hotel room. But the days he would be late calling, I would worry. It would drive me crazy if he didn't have a cell phone, and I didn't know where he was staying.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010