From a religious stand point what do you think of birth control?

Do you belive that birthcontrol is a sin? From a religious stand point? God knows how many hairs are on your head before you are born. Do you think he also knows how many children you are to have? Do you think that it is right to try and alter things so you cannot get pregnant?

Anangelsmommy7

Asked by Anangelsmommy7 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My whole anwser to this question is yes it is up to you, but I think its a sin. If you dont want children then keep your legs closed, dont have sex. Sorry but when we all have sex we know what the whole reason why people have sex is and that is to reproduce. YES it feels great and it is awesome. But the point is to make babies. So if you dont what children then buy your self some "special" gifts. lol!! From my own stand point I think that GOD is the one who picks when we have children and when we should not. Its up to the big man upstairs. I my self have had bad experiences with birthcontrol and I dont think that the side affects are worth it. I mean HEART ATACK, STROKE and not to mention BLOOD CLOTS. I would rather worry about taking care of the kids that I have then worry about if I am going to be around because of the birthcontrol!! I dont mean to be harsh and I am not trying to be.
    Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't know if it's a sin, but I don't believe God wants us to do anything to prevent ourselves from having children, other than just not having sex. However, Friday I'll be undergoing my third c-section and I am only 22, so I'm having them tie my tubes while they are in there. I hate doing something I don't think God would like, but I can't do anymore c-sections. It has to be getting dangerous for me
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 11:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Pray about it. I do not think it is a sin but this is where personal conviction comes in play. My personal conviction is that we are not to use birth control. God wants to bless us with children. He made us all different and he put a love for children in my heart, Rightly so, my grandmothers had 9 children plus. Talk to your husband about it and pray anout it together.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That is a great question! I would have to say that from a religious stand point yes it is a sin. That said, I  think it is a very personal decision and like the poster before me who is tying her tubes for health reasons, if it was to keep me healthy I would use it too.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My personal opinion is very similar to the pp. That's why I personally think that NFP (Natural Family Planning) is a good option for couples. If you believe that NFP means rhythm method then you are most like misinformed. There are other methods that are more reliable then the rhythm method.

http://www.nfpandmore.org/index.shtml

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I personally think some forms of birth control are wrong. Most birth control methods actually are made to abort babies if the egg and sperm live. It might only happen once a year but that's one baby you're killing a year. I don't think it's wrong to use condoms or natural birth control.
    carrotjuice1029

Answer by carrotjuice1029 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think it's an issue of conviction. I do not believe the use of birth control to prevent having more children is a sin. I do believe that if God wants to bless you with another child, He has the power to do so, regardless of your choice of bc (I know this from experience LOL). I think it is also a matter of the heart. I have had people tell me that I am not truly trusting God b/c we use condoms. That is something between us and God, it is a matter of the heart and they have no right to pass judgment on us for it.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I will say that I have a hard time understanding Christians who know how hormonal bc's work, yet still use them. I used them prior to knowing. As much as I would LOVE the convenience of it now, esp when we REALLY do not want any more kids, I just cannot bring myself to do it. Believing that life begins at conception, and then knowing that what I'm taking could end that life by not allowing it to implant goes against my convictions, BUT I don't judge them for it, it is between them and God and it is a matter of their heart.
    pwfaith

• I don't believe God wants us to do anything to prevent ourselves from having children, other than just not having sex

What's the difference in not having sex to prevent and using a condom to prevent? I know it's a "barrier" method and somehow that makes you less connected. From personal testimony, tmi, we've used condoms for 6.5 yrs (give or take, obviously not when I was pg lol) so far it hasn't effected our intimacy. We have 98% of the rest of our body connecting ;)

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• no i do not believe it is a sin. i believe god doesnt have a problem with protecting yourself from getting pregnant. no where in the bible does it sat that. it is not killing the child just not letting anything become one. i honestly think its from god, i mean could you imgagine how over populated and crazy it would be if there never was birth control in this day and age?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008