Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i receive public assistance and i have to cooperate with child support enforcement. my son father has given me only $200 since he has been born my son is 2 months old. should i let the child enforcement agency know that when i go for my meeting....


Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • You should tell them. If he isnt giving you anything anyways then it cant hurt. That isnt enough for them to say he is "helping". Tell them you used the $$ to buy a crib. This will be considered a gift. This way if you ever have to go to court you will be known as being honest and help your case. $200 is nothing for a child. You know that your child has cost you more than that, easily. If he gets mad that you reported him then he should have been given you $$ more frequently.

    Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • yes, you can tell them that he has given you $200 total since he's been born. I don't think there's really anything they can do about it if neither of you have proof (as in a canceled check) but it won't hurt your end of it by any means, it just means he'll have no proof that he's paid anything.

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • yes you tell them everything because if you leave things out and they find out later they could decrease you stamps or take you off of them.your babys daddy dead beat ass is not worth you and your son not eating.......good luck

    Answer by sunflower39346 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • If you and him both agree that he has been paying that amount then he will not have to owe that money in back child support, but they will adjust it accordingly to what he will have to pay from now on regardless of the previous amount, so you might get more or less depending.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • I wouldn't tell child support nothing if it was me I don't what good it would do. When they enforce child support and he gives you more money are u going to report that.I mean money on the side.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 2:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

Next question in Money & Work
military moms?