can a sex offender live in the home with their grandbaby?

I can't find any FACTS. Does anyone know the laws? or a site thats states the laws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• The laws are different for each state.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Are they charged with molesting a child?
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 11:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I know a sex offender and he lives in the home with his two young sons. He just isn't allowed to be alone with them. I don't know about grandparents, though
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 11:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Sex-offenders aren't always child molestors or child predators. My ex is on the list because he "hurt" his girlfriend while they were having sex. He likes it rough. She got angry at him so decided to press charges. I only know because we have a child together and tried to help him through the whole court process.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• He was with a girl that was 17 and the mother knew about it and was fine with it. And then she got mad at her daughter one day and pressed charges on him.
    Anonymous

• depends if it was after a child if so then no and they can get in alot of trouble and could go back to jail
    oh just read the post you made if it was with a teen thats a fine line shes still a minor idk best bet would to call the hotlines for those thngs and just ask questions and you can remain anonymous with them as well you dont have to tell them anything yet you can just get facts
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008