i live in an isolated area with no 911 and bears frequent my yard , im alone all day with my babies , am i a wimp

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 12:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I'll be scared of bears too! Especially with no 911, what do you do in an emergency?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• whistle dixie
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• How do have internet but no 911?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well im 25 km from the nearest small town , and 911 goes to vancouver then dispatches them if im lucky 25 min drive away
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Did you grow up that way or is this your first experience with rural living?? If you don't know how to use a gun, buy one and make sure you get properly trained on it!! I lived in Alaska for a few years and we always carried a gun for bears. No your not a wimp, you just haven't learned how to get along without a lot of things yet. You will be amazed at how much you actually can do without. I am assuming you do have a vechicle?? Make sure you get out and to town once in a while or the isolation can make you stir crazy after a while, especially in winter.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i hate it here , but my husbands job is here , he grew up here , i truly cant take it
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I live 30 miles to the next town and there is only the sheriff to help us out, but we still have 911.....anyways learn to use a gun because if a bear really wants into your house they will get in! they are nothing to mess around with....you need a pistol, not just a rifle.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• And it does not matter about 911...bears do not wait...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Bears are notorious for being very smart so just make certain no dog food, cat food or trash cans are left outside that bears can get into.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Life is too short. If you hate it move. Your husband can get a new job or you could find a new husband.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2010