Is it normal to have.....

Is it normal to have menstrual like cramping? I'm 28 weeks along and tonight I started getting menstrual like cramping and it lasted for a around an hour then it stopped. I am still getting little sensations of it every now and then. This is my first pregnancy so I was just wondering. I just found an OB due to some issues so he hasn't been able to go over any of this stuff with me yet. Anyone who might have some answers for me?

bchic24

Asked by bchic24 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i hear it okay and normal if no blood but idk in the 28 week a call to your docter might make you feel alot better
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 1:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am also 28 weeks. Discomforts can be normal, but I haven't had cramping. Are you sure it's not coming from your bladder? Or are you have Braxton Hicks contractions? Or even stretching pains?

If you are concerned, you should trust your instincts!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't know if I'm having Braxton Hicks. But it's definitely not stretching pains. And it's not from my bladder. It feels exactly like I'm on my period! But no blood though otherwise I'd be going to the hospital!!
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm not really sure what it could be. Does it happen off and on or does it go on consistently? Does your abdomen harden when it happens?

Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I didn't really notice any hardening but then again I wasn't really checking. But it's more consistent than anything else. I don't know...hopefully it's nothing. I have an appointment with my OB on Tue.
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Well, definitely be on the safe side, especially since this is your first pregnancy and you're unsure. I am having several Braxton Hicks contractions a day now. That's why I was asking. If you are worried it IS ok to call you doctor's on-call number at any time or to go to the hospital. When are you due?

Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm due Nov 6th. And when I say I just became his patient I mean that literally. I was referred to him at the er when I went in for blacking out, I met with him for about 5 min and he said he would take me as a patient then told me to call the office for an appointment. I don't even have his on-call number yet. I'll wait it out until tomorrow at least, because as of right now the cramping seems to have stopped. Then I can call the clinic tomorrow and get his on-call number to have on file.
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• OK, take care! I'm due just a few days before you on Halloween. Have you had your ultrasound yet? Know what your having?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes I had a gender determination package given to me from a friend at one of those 3d/4d recreational ultrasound places, I'm having a boy! How about you?
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We're having a little girl, finally! =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2010