Do you KNOW anything about family probate?

I want to obtain a copy of my birth-parents last wills and testaments because I believe that I am due some benefits that I never received when they passed away. I was just a teenager at the time of both of their deaths. I was adopted but led to believe by my mom after my dad's death that everything was to be split equally between my brother (their bio son) and I, in the event of her death. But I was just a nieve teen when they both passed and never looked at a will or anything. I just want to make sure that I have received what is due to me.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you know their lawyers' name?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can go to the court house and u will have to ask somebody whenever you get there. I wanted to know about my grandmothet after her death and they showed it to me.Let somebody that works there know or it might be in deeds and record (I can't remember which department we went to). But you have to go to the court house where they lived at.good luck
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• @mamaofficer......"the court house where they lived at"?........what does that mean? my parents lived in our home with me, not in a court house. I apologize if I seem bitchy or something (people have told me I come off that way), I do not intend to, I take things extremely literally because that is the way I expect others to take my words. Did you mean the closest court house to the home in which I grew up and lived in all of my childhood and most of my teenage years? I don't have any clue about this kind of stuff, so you need to be super specific with me. Do they have specific courthouses that deal with certain jurisdictions or areas?.......I really have no clue what your talking about. I have moved numerous times all over the state (MD) since their passing.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• The courthouse in the county where they lived.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010