Best toys you've found for toddlers....

My daughter turns 2 soon and I've been trying to figure out different gift ideas for her bday and I'm also kind of thinking ahead to Christmas as well. She has just recently been obsessed with stacking EVERYTHING as tall as she can (mainly to watch it fall down). Any good ideas on toys to build with?
Also, I'd really like to get her a baby doll to take care of but there are tons to choose from!

If you have a toddler, what are some of their favorite, most played with and longest lasting toys?
Thanks in advance for your ideas!! :)

Bears.Mommy

Asked by Bears.Mommy at 2:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son just turned 2 a couple weeks ago. If she does not have one already I recommend getting her a "See n'Say", my son got one for x-mas last year and he has been really "into" it in the last few months or so. He pulled on that handle so much, I was just wondering yesterday why I had not heard it for a few days (the batteries were dead, I changed them and ever since He pulls on that thing like crazy and imitates all the sounds when he is just sitting and playing alone, which he loves to do). I also got him some blocks at Walmart the other day with letters, numbers and pictures on them and he loves to stack them and knock over his stacks plus they are educational because you can spell out words together. They are made by "garanimals", I think they were like 15$.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My children liked chubby crayons, available on Amazon. There is a good catalog called Constructive Playthings, their prices are way to high. But if you look through the catalog, you an copy several of the products pretty easily. I kept a rainy day box in the craft closet. I keep construction paper, glue, bits of leftover ribbon or trim, some tempura paints and some glitter. Any time I found something on sale that was very cheap, I put it in the box.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Cardboard boxes, seriously, lol, my 2 and 1 year old could play with them for HOURS! I know, I know, not exactly what you were looking for, but it's true!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My DD turned 2 in the beginning of summer and she loves her leap frog toys and her books. Her favorite toy is her doll it's just a little doll that we got her the name on it was little mommys. She brings that doll everywhere with us and before napand bed time she puts her baby to bed. I really like learning toys that they have out. You can get theem at walmart or target or kmart. My DD also likes Elmo and sesame street. Her blocks are the big legos and they come in an 80 and 120 pack. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my daughter loves her play kitchen, her tutu, and her doll and stroller.
    she has 3 brothers and also likes nerf guns, trains, balls and cars!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010