what ways can i sooth my baby that has thrush

i found out my daughter has thrush on wed i wish i could just make it go away right now the Dr gave her meds for it shes almost a month and starting to get a diaper rash and i change her so much i swear if i change her more ill be changing clean diapers i wish i could just help her more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What did the doctor give? Is it strictly in the diaper area? Whenever possible, have baby go without a diaper. Lay her down on a towel or something for a few minutes a few times a day. I believe that plain yogurt, NO flavor, applied to the area can also help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Before breastfeeding, sprinkle probiotic powder on your breasts. After, rub breastmilk on them and let them air dry; sprinkle on more powder.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Sorry to hear that! My 5 month old son had thrush for 2 months before it went away. Nystatin did not work for him but Diflucan did. He didn't have diaper rash though. Maybe you could leave her diaper off for a while to get some air down there? That could be messy, but maybe right after she has peed or pooped, you can take her diaper off for a little while to air it out. Might make it heal faster. Good luck!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can use egg whites on her butt and it will help with the rash. It may seem strange but it really works on on rash on butts. Even on adults that wear diapers.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010