I need a good collar for my dog!

He is a boston terrier and so far can get out of anything. There is a leash law were I live now and I can't let him outside with out one. No matter what kind we have gotten him he will get out of. We even had him a full body harness. Ugh his name should be Hudini lol Is there one out there he can't get out of that won't choke him?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 3:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I would put on one of those full harness types on him and then get an 'Elizabethan collar', you know those lamp shade things they put on pets to keep them from undoing a surgical procedure? They are inexpensive and it may help him learn that the collar and harness have to stay on. Talk to your vet, he may know of some other way to train him to keep his collar on. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 5:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Are you talking about when he is supposed to be on a leash or he just slips it when he is running around the house? Is he slipping it over his head or undoing the buckle somehow? I have 2 bostons and I am soooo glad they don't do that, LOL. I don't know if they would be safe on a boston, but have you looked into martingale style collars? It's the kind they use on grey hounds (thick necks, little heads)
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010