How do I correct my LO's sleep schedule?

He isn't asleep until midnight every night, he fights his sleep every night as well. I have been letting him cry for 5-10minutes just so he can tire himself out and then I come in and pat his back and he's out. But how do I get him to stay asleep earlier?

I have gotten him to bed around 9-10p before but he always wakes up a couple hours later, as if the earlier bed time was a power nap.

He usually wakes up between 10 and 11a
9mos old

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wake him up earlier in the morning, and move his bedtime back by 15 minutes until it is where you want it to be. You will be tired for a few days from getting up earlier, but it will be worth it

Answer by missanc at 10:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you need to move it back a couple minutes at a time, and make sure he gets a nap during the day!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He naps during the day. 1 nap 2-3hours long
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Get him up earlier. Isabell gets up about 8. Stays awake til around 11. Sleeps for an hour or two. Is awake til 4 or 5. Takes a little nap and wakes up about 7. Goes back down by 9 and stays asleep til around 2 am to nurse. Is back asleep by 230 and stays asleep til around 5. Nurses til 5:30 sleeps til 8. Start over :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Move his bedtime back no more than 20 minutes a day, until it gets to a reasonable hour.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2010