anybody else's toddler partying like a rockstar at three am?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 3:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No activity of other people, no electric lights on ... Candlelight ... rocking chair ... dressed warmly ( you cannot go to sleep until your feet are warm) ... hush and soft singing & no electronic music or noise / TV ... being cuddled ... warm honey milk (calcium helps the brain feel like it's got the nourishment it needs to relax and stop seeking)

Gently reading a favorite book by candlelight, cuddled warm in mama's lap in a rocking chair after a drink of warm milk or tea ...

Assuming the 3-yr-old's rhythm is such that they NEED to be asleep right now ...

Check out Audrey McAllen's book "Sleep". She offers insight into what's going on with sleep, how to overcome difficulty falling asleep, and difficulties with waking up again during the night (it is different if the waking happens an hour after going to sleep or a number of hours later ... ) Her information is great for mothers, and helpful for adult sleep patterns, too.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Nope, my boys have been in bed since 8, my 5 month old however was WAY awake back at midnight. I'm only up cause my husband just came home from work (it's just after 2 here right now), lol, checking a few things before I head to bed.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Nope! Thank God they been in bed since 8!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Nope none of my kids can stay up past 12 even if I let them lol even my toddler who took a late nap was out by 11 :) he woke up from his name at 6 something. He had slept for 3 hrs. My kids are like me they like their sleep. I'm up because I am addicted to CM lol :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No my 3 and 4 do in the day time
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i have a 23 month old, she LOVES TO SLEEP! but she goes thru stages where she likes to stay up late. but i would say mid night is her latest. but last night she was having nightmares. : ( she woke up talking about BEARS! at 130am and did not go back to sleep till 430am! omg! but she slept till 10am. she loves to take naps. all i have to say is "night night?" and she will take my hand and take me to bed! i love her!!

but last night she was partying like a rockstar at 3am!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• And ... enjoy your baby!
    Mine are grown, and my most precious memories are of quiet one-on-one times with them. They love us so devotedly, and our slightest attention to them fills them with joy and elation.

What's not to like about that !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2010