do vegan's have lower blood pressuers?

than non vegans,
my blood pressuer has been low latley like 104 over 65 or 88 over45
it seems to low but im not sure. it may just be my diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Health

• I think there are a lot of contributing factors, and diet is just one of many. I am not a vegan, but my blood pressure is good - in the low end of the normal. I have a friend who is vegan and has high blood pressure (not to the point of medication, but still has to be watched).

If your blood pressure is low, the best thing would be to talk to your Dr about it, because he or she could then look at the whole picture of your health, medical history, lifestyle (including but not limited to diet), etc and see what's going on with you.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Unless they are "twinkie and potato chip" vegans, yes. Eating lots of whole grains and vegetables has been proven to lower blood pressure and "bad" cholesterol.

If you are feeling light-headed or dizzy, please discuss this with your doctor, as you may have a physiological issue going on.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010