can someone please explain to me what the big deal is about

oprah singers?? i find them all sooooooo annoying..i dont understand why everyone always says "ohh that gave me goosebumps it was so good"..ya cant even understand what they're saying!!! i reallllllllly dont get it!!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 3:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• It's preference. I don't care for Opera unless it's a play of some sort, so I can at least have some entertainment.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• unless Oprah now has Singers
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 3:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Well, while it's not my favorite kind of music, there are some operas that I do enjoy. And yes, I do understand what they're saying. Some are in English ;-) Plus, there are many people who speak the language that the opera is being sung in when it isn't in English.

Also, it does take an incredible amount of vocal range - more than any other style of singing - to sing opera. Any professional singer can attest to this - whether they sing opera or not, and, just like any other skill that takes a high level of talent and discipline (as far as training goes), is admirable.

Finally, just like any other musical style, or, for that matter, anything else that is artistic, beauty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder... For example, I can't stand Lady Gaga... but there are those who do, apparently ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i think you mean opera dear.
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 3:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• LMAO, haha frankye! But yes i agree the are a annoying and i dont like them either
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i dont mind them, depends on who it is, and most opera that are good/popular are not sung in english
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 3:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have absolutely zero tolerance for Oprah. But Bocelli and Brightman, that's beauty.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• the big deal is that not everyone can sing like that, and it's been around for centuries
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think she meant opera
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Oh I don't like it either
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2010