My 14 year old have a bad case of acne what can i buy for him?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 4:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I had bad body acne and some bad spots on my face
    turns out most of it was due to chemicals irritating my skin, my doctor recommended Kiss My Face Body Soap and I still use it to this day, so does my teen sister who got acne like me. It's a natural body soap with plenty of natural moisturizer. Worth a try.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Where can u buy it never heard of it.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• some one told me black seed works. but i would take him to a good dermatologist first and make sure he doesn't have infections. my friend had a bad case of acne and nothing would work.. then i sent her to an acupuncturists.. and upon seeing her, she told her to go to a derm because she thought she might have an infection and sure enough it her face was infected. once the infected was treated she started clearing up. worth a try
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thanks I need to see one myself
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When my children began to get acne, I took them to a dermatologist and he said to wash their face twice a day with Dove bar soap and a clean washcloth. For an astringent he said to use Witch Hazel to suck up all the oil. Most of the major brands are only after your wallet. His best advice was to keep the children from touching the acne, as that is how it is spread. Don't try and pop any of the whiteheads or blackheads, let them come to a head by themselves and with the daily washing and astringent use, they would open on their own without leaving a pock mark. He also said to smash up 1/2 of a very ripe avocado and add regular oatmeal into a paste and use that as a facial once a month. After the first couple of weeks, we saw dramatic reductions in pimples, and we did not have to break the bank to do it.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I find it cheapest at organic food stores, but you can pay an extra buck or two and get it at safeway, there is also a website

http://kissmyface.com/barsoappages/barsoappage.html

They have a acne care line but honestly it's a waste of money, the bar soap is the same thing, less pay

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I heard from a doctor that milk of all things can make acne worse, so you could try limiting his/her milk intake. He also said washing your face too much is bad for acne because dirt is not the issue with acne, just keep normally clean. Using a product with benzyl peroxide as an ingredient helps. Hope you find something that works. My son is suffering with acne he has only just started with these ideas so fingers crossed for both of us.
    lilaclacey

Answer by lilaclacey at 5:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• DOVE SOAP
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked

Several CafeMoms have let me know that this works for them, too.

Also, make sure that he drinks lots of water, and eats vegetables and whole grains.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• For goodness' sake, take him to a dermatologist.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010