Spell check?

I know I am the world's worst speller of words. I use the spell check before I submit a question or an answer. I try and proof read it, so it makes sense, not only to me but to whomever wants to respond to the question. Is it just me, or do you find it annoying when you cannot understand the question because of the spelling errors? IMHO

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 5:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You are not alone! Yes it is frustrating. I also spellcheck and proofread so as to not embarrass myself more than anything.

lilaclacey

Answer by lilaclacey at 5:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's very irritating, although I admit doing it when I am beyond tired.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't mind a spelling error here or there, but I do admit that some posts are a lot harder to read than others when there are a lot of spelling / grammar / punctuation errors. Usually the ones I find really hard are when it's all 3 of those things. (lol - and, for some reason, they also seem to be in all caps and one big sentence.)

Depending how I'm feeling / what it looks like the question is about I'll try to weed through it, but a lot of times I just skip it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• For questions, type it in your word processing software, run a spell check and a grammar check, then copy and paste.

For answers, if you use the "full editor", there is a spell-check.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't mind the spelling errors much, more the grammar errors!
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 7:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't like them ONE BIT! My browser underlines misspelled words in red so I really have no excuse not to notice them.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010