If it really came down to it would you willingly get killed in battle or find a place to hide?

I think people are very brave until they are in the thick of things then things change.

Like in the military. I'm not sure I'd willingly put myself in the line of fire when it came to it unless I had no choice.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I'd stay put until it was absolutely necessary to put myself at risk. I'm sure our soldiers keep at a safe distance until they feel safe to try and get the enemy before the enemy gets them. As my hysband once told me, " It was me, or him, and I chose to live."
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• There is something very special about our Military troops, soldiers, sailors, air man, coast guard members. They understand the very deep call that protecting our Nation against all enemies foreign or domestic and even though some get 'battle fatigue' and zone out, 99% of our Military stands up and takes on our enemies. There is a pride in protecting our Nation.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'd hide but only in order to be able to aim, fire and kill... sniper-like. I don't see how just shooting off a bunch of rounds and hoping they find their target works.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'd never enlist n put myself n that situation. If I was forced I'd def hide. I'm not dying 4 any1 or any country!
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 3:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Lets say I will not be a hero. Hiding, I would not do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes..i'm with ihartu..i'd be totally sniper.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• "There is something very special about our Military troops, soldiers, sailors, air man, coast guard members. They understand the very deep call that protecting our Nation against all enemies foreign or domestic and even though some get 'battle fatigue' and zone out, 99% of our Military stands up and takes on our enemies. There is a pride in protecting our Nation."

Very true, but as I stated, these are individuals when it comes down to it that when faced with death may react very differently. When you see a buddy get a bullet through their head or someone lose a leg, one tends to lose heart sometimes. Self preservation kicks in and the bravery goes right out the window "to fight another day". There's 12 million military members, we can't say they are all identical to each other. Most of those people are not combat arms and will never expect to see combat. Those people would be the less hardened souls in the field of battle.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2010