what do you think of the 3 kids boarding Southwest Airlines alone?

Is it the airlines fault or is this just bad parenting? Also if you think its the airlines fault what do you believe the airline should do to prevent situations like this?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• How old were the children?
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I heard about it vaguely on the news. I think the airlines should have checked and asked for i.d. But I don't think the airline should be responsible in refunding the parents the money they spent on having to buy tickets for the kids to have a flight back home. The parents ans thier children have to be liable for that responsibilty in my opinion. Kids fly on planes all the time, together, alone, with or without an adult.They werent that young...were not talking 8 year olds here..they knew what they were doing and they should ahve known better. I'd make them work thier tails off to pay me back the money for the flight back home. Little brats,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i wish i knew how to do a link...they were 15, 13, and 11...they did it withouth their parents permission..to go to dollywood...its on goodmorningamericas website
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am just about to watch the story on NBC news. I think it was OK but the Airline Agents should have asked some questions as all of the children were under 18. And what IF those kids were like some of the terrorist kids and were "up to something". The airline was at fault for this one. And the parents should have noticed the children were gone long before the kids called home from Tennessee.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What happened??
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• anybody have a link? ..its basically the oldest saved all her babysitting money and put all 3 on a flight cuz they never been on a plane and they wanted to go to dollywood but they landed in the wrong city and got scared and called home...they went without there parents even knowing they were going though
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• So the parents didn't know the kids were on the plane?
    I agree with the 2nd poster. The kids are old enough to know better than do something like that. But I would also blame the parents. Where were they when their kids went to the airport, boarding on the plane, the plane took off and they flew to TN? I mean that must have taken a few hours, didn't the parents wonder where the kids were?
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wonder how the tickets were booked? Airlines fly "unaccompanied minors" all the time, this isn't the airlines fault, the kids knew what they were doing and the parents need to get some control over those kids.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it, especially with kids of that age. The airlines have rules and if they do their part by making sure the kids get on the correct flight and get off and are met by the correct party I don't have a problem. My 10 yr old son went cross country (Tx to Wa)by himself on a plane years ago and there were no problems.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think the problem was their were no adults w/them to get on the flight. But tha tbeing said, I don't think the Air Lines shd foot the bill. The oldest child was probably the most knowkledgable of what they were doing. I'd have them work to pay the flight home tkts, just like thy pd to get there in the 1st place. Plus a few weeks of grounding for such a stupid thing w/ younger brother in tow, real good example for an 11 yr old.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010