Have you ever had negative results from an at home test when you were pregnant?

I'm on day 36 of my cycle, the longest I've had in 6 months is 35 days but it's usually 32. I peed on a stick and it was negative. But I'm still hopeful. Anyone else had a negative result at home when they were actually pregnant? The directions say it's possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I could only test positive from a blood test. I naturally carry a higher then normal of the pregnancy hormone, so the urine tests never did work right for me.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No. Every time I have taken a HPT I have been pregnant
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I haven't, but my aunt did the entire time she was pregnant with her first. They had to do a blood test for her.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• With my first son I tested negative. I was devestated to. Went into a bit of depression, all the while I had my little baby growing inside of me.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yeah the first time i tested it was neg... then i tested a week later and it was positive...
    I have a friend who never tested positive on a HPT even when she was like 6months!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's always possible you ovulated late, which will make your cycle longer since your luteal phase tends to stay pretty consistent. About the earliest you can get a positive test is 10 days after ovulation, most people don't get one until 12-13 days after with a sensitive test. If your period hasn't shown up, being pregnant is always a possibility. But late ovulation is also possible. It can be affected by a lot of things including stress, antibiotics, or changes in your exercise pattern.
    CrunchyCon

Answer by CrunchyCon at 5:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010