movin on up to the Duggers! ( not really a question...just rant)

watchout Duggers- here we come! my oldest brother and I were very close before he passed away and he asked me if anything were to happen to his wife If I can take in his kids, at the time I was all for it, i only had 2 kids at the time, I now have a bundle! ...he has 8 of his own...8 BOYS!! age range from 6-14. just got a phone call this morning and his wife is beyond savable from cancer, which i was not aware of. no one else wants to take the kids because they dont want to be seperated and no one wants 8 kids! so its either me or a foster home. I love kids and willing to help them out in anyway i alread took in 2 that arent even mine....making my kid number to 9. ill have 17 kids living under one roof. im kind of in freak out mode! We just had triplets and im getting exhausted! my husband is all for it.....we can afford it, as of now we dont have the room but husbands willing to find a home ....would you go through with it

Kayge

Asked by Kayge at 8:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh wow. I'd be in shock but i'd do it. Since you already have 9 you obviously know how to run a large family. I just hope these kids will all be as easy to raise as the Duggar kids seem to be. LOL Poor kids, I'd be surprised if some of them didn't have problems with losing thier father and then their mother. Please get them some preventative help. It would be great to get everyone some family counseling. Good Luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I say Hurray for you!!! If you do end up taking them in then that is absolutely one of the most unselfish things I have even seen!!  COngrats and best of luck:):):)

SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes. I would rather take care of them myself then to have them deal with foster homes and being possibly seperated.

Best of wishes with it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i would do it thats family and your a great person if you do this for these boys and they will never forget it

i love big families but dont have the money for it
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I commend you for doing this. That's great that you can. I would, I was raised in a big family. Good luck.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Absolutely! What a blessing! Although it may not seem so at the time, but it is an opportunity to expand your love. What helps is getting a support group. Are you a member of a church? You can recruit some help there. If not, there are other organizations that will be willing to assist in whatever means you need. I hope all goes well!
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• you rockyes, i would do this. i also think you and your husband are awesome!!!! you may want to hire some live in help, like alice from the brady bunch!

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, I would!! Take a page out of the Duggar's book, and ask that the older children help with chores around the house, and to help with the younger children.

And since you say you can afford them, hire a housekeeper to take care of the deep cleaning on a regular basis.

Good luck!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It devastating enough to lose a parent - but both of them - and then those poor boys could lose each other if they had to go into foster care. But you can do it! You are awesome! You know it will be hard, but it's family! I would do it for my brother in a heartbeat!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would do it for the kids only because I can't imagine how it would be to lose both parents and then be separated from the siblings. If you can afford it, more power to ya :)
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010