Gay Marriage.......

the following is a compilation of my sentiments, agree or disagree?

Asked by older at 8:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • clapping   I totally agree

Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you are against gay marriage, then you definitely should not have one.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You know what. Its NONE of anyone's business what husband and I do behind closed doors, so WHY is it anyone's business what someone else is doing Homosexual or not? I think it kind of makes you a pervert if you are thinking about other people having sexual relations all of the time gay or not.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Misteh
    It's not about what they are doing. It's about the fact that they should have the same right you have to refer to their partner as husband or wife--just like you did in your post.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My only standard for marriage are 2 people who are in love. I have been best friends with a gay man since I was 8 (yes it was obvious he was gay even then). He deserves to have his marriage of the past 11 years recognized as such. Sadly, in Maine, where they live, the right was given and then taken away. Let's hope they follow CA's example and bring it back. Gay marriage is legal in the state I live in :)
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Every1 is entitled 2 b happy in life. Gay or straight, ppl should b allowed 2 b married. Who is any1 else 2 tell sum1 they're not entitled 2 that? I think the gov should worry more about getting ppl jobs, helping the environment etc than about trying 2 keep gay marriage illegal. Priorities u morons!
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 9:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My question is why do people think THEY have the RIGHT to FORCE their beliefs on others??? I can't imagine being like that.

Love is love is love... Let them do as they please, it's not going to hurt you whatsoever.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• But we are being forced to accept an opinion that we do not want. And we are being told rather forcefully and intolerantly to shut up and like it.

Shoe, meet other foot. This is EXACTLY what is happening to gay couples. You don't like the lifestyle, prefrence, whatever you want to call it and they are being told rather forcefully to shut-up and put up.

Seperate is not equal. Equal is equal. I don't particularly like calculus, but I don't protest that I am being forced to accept mathematical sequences in all likelihood will never use in a daily application.

This is about affording equal rights to all American citizens. Why is that so hard to understand?

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I disagree. If they want to get "married", that is their choice. But it is MY choice not to recognize it. It is my RIGHT.

No, it is not your RIGHT to refuse to acknowledge a legally binding contract, any more than it is your insurance company's RIGHT to refuse to acknowledge YOUR legally binding marriage contract and refuse to pay for your spouse's medical treatment. The biggest problem with those protesting gay marriage is they are so self-absorbed they actually think it's about them. Nobody cares if you like it or not - because no lesbian is asking you to marry them. Their marriage is none of your business in the first place, any more than your marriage is any of theirs. Who the hell do you think you are that you should have a say in someone else's family like that?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• ""This is America and you are entitled to your opinion just as everyone else is. ""

yes, you are entitled to an opinion, but are you entitled to force that opinion on others in order to control their lives??
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010