mosque at ground zero??

Im sure most people know and im sure this ques has been posted before..but what do you think of that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is a slap in the face for those who died there, but heck this is the land of freedom!

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Doesn't bother me. Its not AT ground zero,its a few blocks away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Same as I have in all the other questions. It sucks. Do you know there are at least 100 mosques in the NY area. What the hell do they just have to have another one just 2 blocks from the towers site?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Idon't think it should be right there, seems to be an up yours, but I guess it shows we are a better Country than they are after all.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Muslim died in the WTC too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I out of sensitivity to the people who live there and are against it because of what happened on 911, the people building it should choose a different location.  Its not at ground zero but this is a huge Mosque that is being built overlooking the area and I think it's a little insensitive.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It is insensitive to the people who find it offensive. Why not avoid the issue and build somewhere else. Its like causing a problem for the sake of causing a problem!

I think its a slap in the face to ALL those who died there! Muslims included layh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What if it was another place of worship how would peole feel then? Muslims died that day too..how about the place of worship is a place to thank God every day that ny still stands and that we are still here!!
    peachface21

Answer by peachface21 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

***

I don't think ANY house of worship or "community center" belongs in that area--ESPECIALLY when human remains are STILL being found, NINE years later, after the towers fell!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/911-human-remains-found-ground/story?id=10980468

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It is tacky, uncouth, and will probably undermine the work being done to paint the Muslim culture in a better light by angering a lot of people for a un-necessary reason. Just because you can do something it doesn't always mean you should.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010