Watching other children at my home with my 6mo old?

I love children, I have experience with child care and I would like my son to be raised around other children. But, I am not really sure what is all involved in watch other peoples children from my home.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some states you need a lincense I would check into that and see where you need to go then just advertise and interview parents and their kids set a rate. Make sure you have the right foods and snacks to feed them. Sometimes you can get on the states food thing where you would get reimbursed for the meals served. My daughter just got out of day care after 6 yrs. She was tired of the other kids always breaking her kids stuff and the fighting and coming in 1 hour before their shift and 1 hour after their shift to oick uo their kids.
    I would startw ith your local state department and go from there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I did this for a while when our son was about a year old. I watched a 6yo girl and a little girl who was just a few months younger than our son but was developmentally way behind and needed a LOT of attention. It didn't work out for me because our son started to lash out and was getting very jelous of the amount of time I had to spend with the little one while she was here.

I think it can be done, I think you have to carefully screen the children you're bringing into your home, though to be sure they'll get along with your child and be respectful.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010