TMI question about my stool/BM sorry... i just need to ask it somewhere adult content

Ok well I have always had digestive problems and have seen a specialist. I have had two hemmoroids removed, had plenty of fissures... pretty much gone through it all. Well whenever I have a BM its never normal. It always is greenish/brown and looks like tiny dark lettus leave (yes small thin pieces almost). Sometimes there is also little tiny dark red flakes. I know it's not my diet because this always happens and I eat different things all the time. I'm sorry if this all sounds gross I just need to know if anyone else has gone through it. Sorry I am posting this anon because it's embarassing so I probably won't be able to answer back. I have gone to a specialist and they seem to think I should change up what I eat and I have and it doesn't change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Health

• Get a colonoscopy. A lot of specialist don't think there is a real problem right away. I have had crohn's disease for 20 years. At first the specialist made me think it was all in my head and I had gas. A colonoscopy can tell a lot.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had a colonoscopy a year and a half ago. They found 5 polyps.all normal except for 1.My first thought was it was your diet but if you haven't changed anything,you need to have your specialist refer you to a Gastriologist
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What have you changed your foods to? Sometimes it could be the type and not what you are eating. Too much pizza will cause acidity as well as small thin slices of your stool. Green normally indicates infection SOMEWHERE in the body, but not always guaranteed, too much fiber (lettuce carrots and other vegetables) can cause this problem too. Try to balance what you are eating out, lots of protein and grains. It's not so much healthy eating, it's more balanced eating. BUT I would def. agree on the colonoscopy if it is infection you need to find out, and it could also be the way your organs are processing these foods. Nothing is written in stone get the appointment, worst thing that will happen is ur butt will hurt, and they say eat a balanced diet, and maybe send you to a nutritionist.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010