Making my own baby food... whats next?

I have been making all of my sons baby food for the last 2 months. It is much cheaper but I am running out of ideas... he's 6mo. any suggestions?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not sure what you've tried yet, but once he's had all of the single foods you can start mixing the ones he's had for some different flavor. Look at the commercial baby foods in the grocery store - that can give you some ideas as well. Pretty much, he can have whatever you're having as long as it's pureed/mashed up well enough and he has had all the ingredients as a single item without any reaction.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Just mash up whatever fruits and vegetables that you are eating.

Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.

Two great books /websites on feeding babies, with differing philosophies, Baby Led Weaning www.babyledweaning.com and Super Baby Food www.superbabyfood.com You should be able to find them at your local library

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i found a cool cookbook at marshalls called "healthy cooking for babies and toddlers" it has cool recipes that are good for baby and yummy for you too.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2010