How much do you spend on party favors?

My husband and I are discussing it...just curious what everyone normally spends. Thanks!

baboluchi56

Asked by baboluchi56 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• we don't! LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I really dont want to know! lol
    - As a scrapbooker/ Crafter I do alot on my owny- which makes it more expensive.
    - Homemade Invitations.
    -Homemade Treat (brownie/cookie) with homemade wrapping (looks like a candy bag but personalized, too cute!)
    - A handful of good candy (like mini twixs, reeces, snickers).
    -A few goodie bag (junk) toys.. and those are not always the cheap ones. we make sure they are fun for us! lol.. like mini slinkies..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't think party favors are all that necessary if your budget is tight. Esp. for a child's party.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:28 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think we spent about $50, and that was mostly on table covers, plates, silverware, serving dishes etc. because we did a BBQ and a bday party (it's a TX thing! lol) I bought pretty stationary to print the invitations on - I think that was 25 cents each or something like that. We used leftover balloons from another friend's bday party, I make my own candy covered rice krispie treats and pretzels in the shape of flowers and butterflies as the centerpiece, which was so much fun to do and so much more personalized. We had my DD's bday party in the gym of the school I used to teach at, so it was brightly decorated and painted. I almost went overboard with decorations, but the homemade kind are the best kind! We did splurge on the cake ($75) but it was a tier cake with a smash cake.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 9:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My childs party is tomorrow this will be the first year we don't give out favors I just don't have the money
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'll spend about $50 at Wal mart or the Party Outlet. The theme is Spongebob this year. The nice thing is, I combine DD's party with her cousin, so we all go in on it together. That $50 I spent on decor will turn into $25.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Party favors? Like a candy goody bag.. Maybe 10 bucks. I get the kid mix candy bag at the dollar store, it has chocolate suckers smarties.. and I get the dollar sack holders and stuff them full of candy.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Zero. Depending what my son wants 4 a bday we provide food & drinks, cake, balloons n decoratioons. Its his party so I don't believe in spending $ on gifts 4 other kids.
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 4:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We don't spend a lot on favors, usually just a small goodie bag with some candy and a fun thing or two. We order the toys/games from Oriental Trading Co and save quite a bit. We also do some sort of crafty activity so the kids get that to take home as well.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• about $75
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010