Where would you live?

If you were going to move to another country, which would you choose? I mean realistically, keeping in mind that you have to find a job and be able to support yourself and your kids there. What kind of job would you get?

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 9:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Travel

• There are so many countries i would go to. But, since i speak spanish, i would probably go somwhere in south america, maybe Costa Rica & teach English if i could.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Good question! I would probably choose Colombia b/c I have family there (and speak the language). I think that would be a big factor - where I already have at least the seeds of a social network.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Italy love it there
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 9:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would move to England, somewhere in the country. Hubby works in IT so I imagine he could relocate there just fine. I teach so I'm not sure how that would work, if the qualifications are the same, but I also run a web and graphic design business and a little freelance writing so that can go with me where ever.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• considering my husband's job it'd prob be Canada haha not my first choice but being realistic and all...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Ireland- my husband and children are Irish citizens, as well as US-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Oh careers- My husband is in the grocery industry and I'm a nurse- we both could probably secure some kind of related jobs.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Italy or ireland. Bartender lol. Or managing a bar.
    mama2evan

Answer by mama2evan at 4:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Italy. I lived there for 3 years and am semi familiar with how they do things. I know enough not to get scammed or robbed. I can speak a little bit of Italian. I could probably get a job in a hospital or maybe even take my military training and get a job as a contractor on one of their bases.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I've done it twice (actually 3 times but I don't remember the first time).  The last time I moved was from England to Canada with my husband who had to immigrate and our two young children.  We were very lucky because as my husband was going through the whole immigration process (which only took 4 months) he landed a great job and his new employer paid all our moving expenses.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010