how do i get my 3yr old son to sleep in his own room

he cry when i dont wont hem to sleep in my room i dont know what to do he dont like to sleep in his room i put hem to bed at 8:30pm

starlene23

Asked by starlene23 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• stay beside his bed as he is falling asleep if he comes into your bedroom at night get up and take him back to his bed. It might take a while and some crying on both oarts but in the end you will prevail you have to be consistant at it though. Good Luck and don't talk to him.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree with the first answer to an extent. My dh and I started doing that. But now she refuses to go to sleep with out one of us in her room with her. Even when we try to sneak out it's "Mommy! Sit down!" So it's 2 hours a night of sitting with her until she really falls asleep then it's sneaking to the door praying she doesn't wake up b/c it's almost 11pm and we have to be up at 530am.
    Now we've started just putting her in her bed and every tie she gets up we take turns putting her back in bed. The only thing we say to her is "it's bed time, go to sleep". She's starting to sleep through the night now.
    mandy88

Answer by mandy88 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Here is an article to start a routine to make bedtime a pleasant, predictable experience

http://www.ehow.com/how_5237198_put-child-bed-tears.html

Do NOT give in to changing the routine and do not let him in your bed (always bring him back to his own). 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had this problem myself. we used the super nanny technique from her book-in 3 days he was sleeping in his own room!!! yay!!
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• night lights?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010