Have you made a recipe you saw on tv?

Have you cooked anything that you saw made on tv? How did it come out?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 10:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, but I usually log online after watching it on TV and get the recipe and the step by step instructions. Some things have come out delicious and other were a lil yucky haha!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes.. I grabbed some Rachel Ray recipes ... I know one of them was O.K but kinda boring..It was a pasta like dish so before family ate it I put a lil' ragu in it to kick it up a notch lol!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• oh yeah all the time, you can look up the recipes on foodnetwork.com
    I'm almost always pleased. I love Alton Brown's and Ina Garten's recipes the best (though Rachael Ray has some pretty good ones too!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yup. I have tried many recipes I have seen on tv. Some are better than others. Also I have learned many techniques from watching cooking shows.

Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When I've seen something cooked on say the Foodnetwork I've gone to their website and looked up the recipe from their collection of recipes or for a specific cook like Mielissa D'Arabian or Paula Dean.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I often do that it is a great way to get my DH to try new foods, a pickier eater than my 3 year old.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yep, its how I learned to make Gyros. Never be afraid to try those recipes. If you really want to be creative, I've been testing out restaurant clone recipes. I have completely mastered some of Applebee's signature dishes! LOL... I found books at the library. So much fun!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What's really funny is a lot of stuff tends to be either unreasonable... like recipes that call for thirty ingredients... and then say they only cost ten dollars because you used ten cents worth of each one.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have used alot of recipes from Foodtv. Made a pork chop soup from the Neeley's that was fabulous. Bread pudding from Paula Deen.
    I gets lots of ideas and improvise for my taste.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We've made Gordon Ramsay's Shepherd's Pie! Made it with ground lamb, too. We've also tried a fish recipe of his. Both were delicious, but they are a lot of work.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010