Goodness Gracious! $37.99 for a pair of shoes for a one year old!! MAN! Would you spend that much?

We were at the shoe store yesturday getting my son some new sneakers for school. They had a special going on, buy any one pair of shoes and get the 2nd pair half off. So, I figured I'd go ahead and buy our 17 month old dd a pair of sneakers too...scince fall is coming up and all she has is sandals. ANYWAY...I found the most adorable pair of shoes foe her...well, actually, she and her daddy found them while I was looking at shoes for my son.The shoes for dd were Sketchers and they have rhinestones and brilliant colors on them, sparkles and glitters and they light up like you wouldnt believe. She fell in love with them! Then I looked at the price.$37.99!!REALLY? For toddler shoes?WOW.CRAZY!I did put them back but then she kept looking at them and going back to them and they really are so cute, they remind me of Punky Brewster,lol. So we went ahead and bought them.At least I got the buy one/get one 1/2 off deal!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Those shoes are sooo cute! I seen them last week when we were looking for those squeaky shows that have a squeaker in the heel....and my mther in law got the squeaky shoes and they were $32 but they were really cute and theyre a size bigger than what she wears. I can't believe how expenisve some kids shoes are.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• no way
    I won't even pay that much for shoes for ME
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I spent 54.99 when I was 23 on a pair of sketchers for dd.

Yeah, when she was an only child stuff like that happened a LOT.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yea, my 4 year old loves those shoes. She has been in a size 8 for 2 years so, she has about 10 pairs of shoes. Hopefully, they will have those shoes in size nine when I go buy school shoes for her. My daughter LOVES anything PINK.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I just bought my DD who is 14 months a pair of shoes for $45. They are Stride Rite's with a softer sole on them and she needs a wide shoe lol. Curious what size is her foot? I was just wondering how ridiculously large my DD's feet are haha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• At that age our cutoff price was$20. I'd pay that now for my 9 yr old because he doesn't grow that fast.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No, but my son is so rough on his shoes and his feet just grow so fast. I do remember on the girls I worked with bought her newborn a pair of Timberland boots they were like $80 and I thought she was insane. In this case since you got bogo on the shoes it isn't that bad cause I am sure your son's shoes were more expensive anyway.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No way! Never. However, my kid's feet grow at a crazy rate (he's 3 and wears a size 13 1/2 or 1) and he's a boy so he's super rough on shoes. If I knew those shoes would get him through the entire fall and winter and he REALLY REALLY wanted them, I might break down and pay the money for them. But I don't see how there's any guarantee that a 1 year old's feet aren't going to grow a few sizes in a season.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• no prob not... I rarely spend that much for shoes for myself! haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:26 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When my son was a baby. He was an only child and I was 18 working 60 hours a week so, I blew a lot of money on him. He had expensive clothes expensive shoes. My mom just rolled her eyes when she saw how much I bought him. Now, 4 kids later I try to catch the "expensive" stuff on sale, which I am pretty good at.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010