Does your county have a yearly Fair?Is it just me or are they just OVERPRICED?

We have the Cuyahoga County Fair and the Medina County Fair. I think were going to be going up there for a bit today.
Is it just me or do they become more overpriced every year?
They charge to park, they charge to get in, they charge to ride the rides... And of course, how can you pass up the elephant Ears amd the hotdogs,cotton candy,sausage and peppers and all that other good stuff, not to mention buying raffle tickets, paying to play the games....By time your done, your BROKE! lol
I

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep we have one every year for a week starting on Labor Day. The only the only thing you mentioned that we dont pay for is parking but yes it is ridiculously expensive. We have a demolition derby you have to pay to get into to at the fair. I didnt even take my daughter last yeat because it seems like ours has turned into Skankfest...it's just a bunch of teenage hoochies and juvenile deliquents running around up there. Its sad bc I loved the fair as a kid.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we are lucky our county fair only charges a gate fee of 10$ per person 3 and up. the rides are included the concerts and all the exibits. plus parking is free. the only other thing you pay for is the arcade games and food which is normal. and we always have a blast. we plan on a budget when we go so we dont over spend and now that we have 4 in the family we plan on spending about 60$ 30 to get in ( one kid is free) and 30 for food and games.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yup that's why we don't go anymore. Its sad really. You go in there and EVERYTHING costs so much. You could easily spend a couple hundred without even knowing it. Its crazy.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yeo and that's why I try not to go I have other uses for my money
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• they are- if they have wristbands though, that's a better way to go and eat before you go
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we stopped going two years ago. Three dollars for a hot dog? six for a taco? I could make the same meals for the entire family at home for the same prices.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We have a huge state fair every year. When I was little you could buy discount tickets and that would also get you into one event for free. We would go several times and be able to see most of the events. Now you have to know where to go to get discout tickets and they only get you into the gate. Everything there is overpriced and they have taken away so many of the things that made the fair great (including the name) that I dont really want to go. It makes me sad, because as a kid, it was one of the things I looked forward to the most every year
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Our county fair is actually the NC State Fair, because I live in the capital - but yes, it is ridiculously overpriced! We go because it's a tradition, but we limit the number of rides the kids can go on and the amount of food they can eat. We take a picnic to eat while we're there and then we just each buy one thing to go with what we brought.

Answer by missanc at 10:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes. our county has a fair but the only thing thats free is the parking. it costs $4 person 3 and up to get in and then have to buy the tickets to ride the rides or buy a wristband so you can ride everything.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes there is
    yes they are
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010