Uh-Oh...dd found the new bottles I bought for soon to be baby brother in a few weeks,lol.

She's 17 months and I finally completely weaned her from all bottles when she turned 16 months. She did pretty good with it too.
But I think she had some memories come back when she seen the box of bottles sitting on the kitchen table,lol. She went nuts trying to tear the box open and started fussing.I told her those were for teh new baby brother when he gets here and put them in the cabinet and she fussed for a bit.
Now, I DO plan on breastfeeding..I get the bottles for when I start pumping after about a month. So...How do I keep her from going nutso when she sees these bottles for her brother?
Think I'll find her in a corner sucking on one? lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She'll be fine. Just remind her they are for babies and she's a big girl now. Have her help you feed the baby once or twice and she'll better understand.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i'd just put them up high where she can't get at them
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• maybe once her little brother is actually there and you tell her that she gets to be big sister now and one day she can teach him how to use a sippy cup and regilar cup she may not be interested. if she wants one then i say let her have one but she has to be treated like her little brother since she wants to be a baby instead of a big girl. i dunno. just my thoughts. good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Some regression is normal with a new baby in the house. Why don't you take her to a store, and let her pick up a stainless steel "big girl" water bottle?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010