Babies and what they eat,

My son is almost 7 months old and every once in awhile I feed him cheesy mashed potatoes. My hubby freaked out and said he wasn't old enough to eat that and not to give it to him anymore. What are your opinions is he to young? I just figured it tastes better than baby food and it is more filling but still is soft enough for him not to gag or choke.

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 12:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine as long as you have introduced it seperately first to make sure your baby doesn't have any allergies. After you have confirmed that...then who cares!!!! Give him all the cheezey potatoes he wants.
    yowza

Answer by yowza at 12:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Oh girl that is just fine. I mean he's old enough to eat food like that. Its mashed potatoes! Its no different then eating baby food it just taste better. Tell hubby to lighten up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• he's fine I started my kids on small table food like that at around 4-5 months, heck back in the day that's how they made baby food was table food all blinded up, starch and dairy is good for him on occasion especially if he has runny stool
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 12:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• That's what I was saying but he said he don't need to be eating stuff with so much butter and salt but I put barely any in there cause the cheese gives it enough flavor, LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 12:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i think just plain potatoes would be fine, not sure about the cheesy maybe its just cause the whole milk thing i'm going thru with my son.. he's 3 months old, and was diagnosed with a milk allergy, i breastfeed, and i had a few options, but giving up nursing wasnt one of them, so i quite dairy. Its so hard, but i'd do anything for him.. besides 7 months is pretty good for mashed potatoes.. i mean from what my mom told me, by the time i was 8 months old, i was eating mashed up hamburger, and thats far more of an iffy thing than mashed potatoes in my eyes.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Watch the fat content they are still only little. Cheese is so faty, they grow so fast, these little ones, try give them the good foods to help them grow.
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 3:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes I Know cheese is fatty but the last time he went to the doctor she said it was because he is long but that he was 5 pounds under weight and I asked her if that was bad and she said no it was because he is long but I want him to get up to the weight he should be at.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 7:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2008