Did anyone cry alot after your baby was born?

I didn't really cry a lot for any of my kids. But with my 2nd, my husband was on 2nd shift which I hated. After being home for a week or so it was time for him to go back to work, and we were having dinner. I was crying through then entire meal, and he asked me what was wrong? I said, "Your going back to work tomorrow night." Then he tells me, "Oh, not until the night after tomorrow night." So I was really happy, but then I thought, what the heck, am I going to do this again tomorrow night?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had a panic attack after no. 3 and 4 (twins) when it was time for my hubby to go back to work. I begged and begged and begged him to get more time off, but where he works, he would have more likely been fired. At that point though I didn't care. I was terrified of trying to handle things without him!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 11:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I did after both of my kids. With my first, I thought it was because I was so tired and overwhelmed. With my second, I think I just had plain old baby blues. I would start crying for absolutely no reason. I didn't understand why because I wasn't as tired or overwhelmed like I was with my first. I would just all of a sudden start crying. DH would try to make me laugh, which only made it worse. Luckily it only lasted a few days.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• no I did all the crying while I was pregnant lol. Well, with my first I didn't really cry while I was pregnant or after the baby was born. ut with my second baby I was so emotional it wasn't even funny I cried so much while I was pregnant. My DH brought me flowers home most of my pregnancy to make me feel better lol. But I didn't cry after she was born. I started crying when I was pregnant when we went and got dinner at McDonalds and I ordered a chrispy chicken sandwhich and they gave me grilled and it was supose to have bacon on it and didn't. I laugh about it now, but then I cried just because they messed up my order lol. TMI, but I would even cry after DH and I made love lol. Oh it was all bad when I was pregnant with her lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, I did after all 3. When you give birth your hormones get all messed up. It's pretty normal, unless of course it becomes more severe and you have other thoughts as well. Then it could be PPD. I was a mess, but my Sister told me to just let it out, not to keep it bottled up because that wasn't going to make things any easier... She also told me that breastfeeding would help because it's very relaxing... If it weren't for her I don't know how I would have got through the first few weeks after all my Babies. I owe her a big Thank you.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, I sure did. I can remember my five year old was in the back sleep, my husband had left for work and the new baby was back there crying. Nothing I could do to soothe her. I just sat down in the living room and cried for hours. I cried because she wouldn't stop crying, because I thought I had messed up my five year old and anything really that came to mind! LOL! It's your hormones adjusting. It could also be a little depression. Try to see if someone can sit with you when you feel like this. I called my MIL and she came right over.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When we were driving home from the hospital after my first daughter was born I just started crying and my husband was like "oh my god what is wrong?" I said "nothing at all I have no idea why I am crying". I cried for no reason for about a week, it really freaked my husband out. I didn't cry as much with my second, I held it back a lot because my 3 year old would get so sad when she saw me cry.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I was an absolute MESS after my son was born. A week after he was bron, my mom went back home and my hubby was back to work. I was terrified of what to do all day with this tiny baby. I lost a lot of weight the first 2 months, but it got better.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010