Do you think that most everyday Americans know nothing about classical music?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 11:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• define "everyday american".
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I do... I think that your average American finds no need for this understanding or knowledge, so they see no reason to seek it out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• classical music i like....to each their own
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:18 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Is there a reason they should? I love classical music, couldn't tell you a thing about it. I have XM in my Range Rover and listen to it all the time. I especially like it with Metallica, when they played with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. It's an amazing DVD/CD...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I DO think that they should know more about classical music. I hate it when people only care about their everyday life and work.
    rachelcat

Comment by rachelcat (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I hate to be a damper here, especially because I like classical music, but its whats important to YOU.

Other people think we should know more about cars, trees, animals, food, or whatever what-have-you. There's a lot of knowledge in the world and there is no way to know it all so we go by what is important to us.

Its people like you that DO know about classical music, and its important to you, that helps keep it alive, but you can't expect everyone to care about it.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Ive never known anything about classical music. Turning it on a radio for car or whatever usually gives me a headache.
    But if classical music is that important... I think id say people learn more about breastfeeding, natural childbirth, eating better & knowing what REALLY is in our food now days (veggies/meats & junk).. Its important for people to know to take less from our earth & be kinder to it...

My knowledge of music i dont think can make an impact on anyones life.. But i do know nursing benefits me, my baby & my family for many years. Being good to the earth helps EVERYONE... :-)

We all think something is important :) and are passionate about it.. Its always good to have a passion but dont think everyone should share the same ideas..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• There are more important things than classical music............
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would say they no very little.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010