radioative iodine

in two weeks i will be getting a small does of radioative iodine to check for thyroid canser. does anyone know how long this will affect me? i can't ak the place they are doing it at until maybe next monday, maybe later next week.

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 11:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Health

• Here is some information about it- http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/radioactive-iodine

It says that within days, it will passes out of you body through your urine.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had to have some brain scans done years ago. At that time they told me not to get pregnant for up to 7 years because it would take that long for the iodine's radio activity to fully dissipate.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• *pass
    JeremysMom

• i had to drink some pretty awful stuff to get a CT scan done. it does just pass out through your urine within a few days. you will find yourself wanting to pee alot too and drink plenty of water after the test.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had thyroid cancer about 4 yrs ago. The first time I had radiation it was out of my system in about 24-36 hrs. When I had my treatment for cancer after surgery I was isolated for a week.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010