Why do most people think that its not important to know anything about classical music?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Because it does not directly impact the lives of the general population...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love classical music
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Why should I know anything about classical music. Just another genre.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:41 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Why do you think it's important to know about classical music, can you enlighten us? I happen to know lots about it though. My whole family is very musical & we were taught about music since very young. My DD just happens to like it. She is 8 & already learning lots of classical music on the piano. She is very curious about the composers & finds it fascinating that people came up with such wonderful music. Glad she shows interest in it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I believe that much of the population has just not been well educated about it's importance in our history and it's value to the everyday fabic of our lives. Classical music has been shown to have positive affects on the brain's organization and its abilities. There is much information out there about the benefits of classical music. Again, I think most people just weren't educated about those benefits.
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We LOVE classical music! And yes it does impact general life. Math is big part of it. Everyone needs math. The music is also known for its calming effects, and in general, people who listen to it are usually better behaved. This is all from my own experiences.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Honestly, we study/enjoy all types of music. I think everything that can be enjoyed is important.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love classical music, and my children (13, 10, 2.5) have an appreciation for it's complexity and beauty. They can all identify different instruments, and identify those sounds with emotions. Normally I (we) listen to classic rock, new country or the blues, but I think it's important that they understand that there are all types of music. There's something very special about listening to a symphony while watching the clouds move, I can't explain it, but the connection between music and nature is very moving to me. It's special to my kids as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i do not find it important to know. every one is different. i believe math and sciences are important, some believe writing skills are important. what difference does it make weather i know about bach, dolly parton or madonna, all of them or none of them?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have always liked classical and opera. AND Operetta, Gilbert & Sullivan, for example. Our hgh school choir put on Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas. . I have several CD's of Classical Music too. It is good to try out all music and give them all a chance. When I was a kid,my Grandma took us to see "The Great Caruso" with Mario Lanza....Caruso was said to be the greatest opera tenor everr, back around 1910, 1920. We loved it.
    But I also like Disco and Rock and Roll and all the new stuff. I LOVE Sting and Maroon 5 and U2, etc. Know what I mean? Variety is the spice of lfe.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010