does this make me disrespectful rude or make you feel unwanted???

Ok if you are visiting someone and you stand while there or the other person texts or gets a call while your there is that being rude or disrespectful?? would you feel unwanted???
My mother in law told my sister in law that I did all these things.
Ok Texting while she is here visiting my kids, how is that any different than when we are at her house her answering her phone???? and as far as standing Umm is she not an adult and shouldnt she have just looked at one of my kids and say why dont you move so grandma can sit down???? Its not like I was sitting down i was getting things ready for dinner. am i wrong to feel like I did nothing wrong???

karaa3

Asked by karaa3 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• don't bother too much then!
    try to let it roll off your back..like water off a duck's back
    i would bend over backwards for my mil, but she would do the same for me.
    i am very lucky that way!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think it's rude to text while in the company of other people, unless it is really important, in which case I explain to the person I am with and apologize. But it's rude to be on the phone when company is over too. You can answer, of course. Then you say you have company and get off the phone. So you both have bad manners, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• sounds to me like she just likes to make trouble and drama in the family
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i would just ignore it. next time your at her house and she answers the phone say the saome thing she said to you.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• do you and her get along .she is older so she may just feel as though you should have told her to sit downa dn not been on the phone the whole time she is there .idk it depends on the whole situation
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• She sounds as if she wa sbeing rather childish. I don't see anyhting rude about what you did.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:52 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I love my sister to pieces... but she is a phone whore.

She is one of those people that answers every text she gets the whole time she is with you. She will pay at the store while on the phone. Sometimes I wonder why she even bothered to schedule time with me because she is clearly WITH the people on her phone more than spending time with the people she is actually with in person.

I hate it, I think it is so rude and it hurts my feelings to be hanging out with someone and have them call/text others the whole time. In my opinion, you should prioritize the people who are with you in person. If you have to take a text or call.. it should be quick and very infrequent.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• she needs to get over herself...it just sounds like she wants something to bitch about or expects everyone to cater to her constantly...she is family, not some random guest, so she should make herself comfortable in your home without your assistance. while it is annoying for someone to be on their phone constantly (talking or texting) while im trying to talk to them i see no problem in a few texts, especially if you werent even having a conversation with her. why didnt she just play with her grandkids while you were preparing for dinner? sounds like someone who thrives on drama. i wouldnt stress over it, nothing you ever do will be right in her eyes.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Its not like I was talking on the phone If I get a text I answer it! She use to bring her phone in the house and talk to one of my sister in laws the hole time she was here. we have had our ups and downs and i think she thrives on the family fighting! and untill my sister in law was very rude to my hubby and I I thought things with my mil were going ok. and its not like there wasnt enought seats for her to sit down somewhere. If she wanted to sit she could have pulled up one of the other chairs or walked 5 steps to the couch!
    karaa3

Comment by karaa3 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Maybe she felt they should have gotten up for her. It does not matter how you see it this is how she feels. My thoughts are maybe you should sit down and talk it out maybe there are hard feelings on both sides.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010