HAVE YOU EVER HAD KIDNEY STONES?

A presurgery for my back x-ray showed stones in 1 kidney, which I didn't know I had my back was so sore, so I passed them. So now I have an x-ray and I have a cyst on my kidney but no kidney stones. Now 6 mos later the x-ray shows the cyst didn't grow and I'm told they'll let it go for now, not cancerious. But now I have kidney stones in both kidneys. I'm drinking myself down the toilet, how have you handled kidney stones, and have you ever had them come back?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Health

• I had them twice, and each time it felt like my kidney was trying to give birth. I vomited and couldn't lay, stand or sit down. Everything hurt! I had to be in the hospital and given morphine for the pain. I passed them usually within 2 days. I think that is the only thing worse than giving birth.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I was in huge pain in the middle of the night and went to the ER. I thought I had a really bad UTI. I had some kind of imaging done (don't remember what) and they sent me home with antibiotics and said I had an infection. A few days later I went to get a copy of my records to keep for my files and I find out I was passing stones and they either didn't tell me while I was there or got the report after I left and didn't bother to call me!!! I was really upset and when they sent their evaluation form about how did I like my ER experience I let them know.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Had them twice while I was pregnant with my second child. Never had pain so bad it made me vomit until then. I talked to my dr and ended up finding out it was something with my water and my body making the stones. He and one of his dogs were having the same problem until he started filtering his water.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've only had them once and it was when I was 27 weeks pregnant at 20 years old. They were miserable, but the only thing they could do was flush it out with an IV.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've had them twice... it is a pain worse than natural child birth. An ultrasound and a CAT scan can find them.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had several in between my 3rd and 4th baby. I never thought I'd find something just as painful as childbirth until those suckers. I was took pain pills and drank myself silly with water, water and more water.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010