For those of you that go door to door

What signage can I put on my door or house that will make the religious people stop coming to my door? I don't like it, I think it's rude, and it seems to ALWAYS be at naptime when this happens. I just want it to stop.

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 12:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• bible thumpers baptist chritstian fundamentalists

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• CAUTION!  GOD FREE ZONE!

Human sacrifices needed.  Apply within.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Happy in my Cathlic faith - (insert whatever you are)
    Happy you want to share yours
    Happier if you just please leave.
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can put up a "No Solicitors" sign and simply add "Including Religious" if you think the basic sign won't work.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• A couple of years ago I was constantly being bothered by this Jehova's Witness group, they took my refusal, door slamming etc... as encouragement. The last time I opened the door for them I took my scissors with me and cut off the front guy's tie, it was so unexpected he nearly cried. I'm not really proud of this but it worked. A sign might be more appropriate.
    evelynolivesmom

Answer by evelynolivesmom at 10:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Next time they come to the door just tell them they are waking up your children and that you wish for them to not come back. Ask them to make a note not to knock on your door. They are parents too. They should respect you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• LOL... here I was trying to be nice with my initial response. In our town, you have to have a permit to go door to door and it states that if there is a sign that says "No Solicitors" then you can not approach that house regardless. It includes everyone. I don't have that sign. I have a stained glass pentacle on my door... it works just as good.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Also they don't stop knocking for like 10 minutes, not that is rude. I tried "No Soliciting" signs but that doesn't always work. Telling them face-to-face only encourages them to try harder. I've resorted to just going on "radio silence" until they go away. Sux, I agree.

You shouldn't need to go door-to-door, if someone wants religion they'll come to you. Chances are they are already where they wanna be.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Proud Mama---- People like you are SOOO rude. I had a sign on my door asking not disturbing or soliciting until 12pm because it might wake the baby, yet almost every Saturday someone disturbed around 7am!!!! If I wanted to be a certain religion I WOULD. It pisses me the fuck off that people come at 7am almost EVERY Saturday to try and and turn. We have a damn baby. It wakes him up EVERY time!!! ARGH.
    sliceoflife88

Answer by sliceoflife88 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no solicitors may help.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010