Did you pay for your wedding by yourself?

How did you budget and what did you nix in the process? I need ideas.

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 12:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I paid for my first and second weddings myself. I didn't set out for either with a set dollar amount, we decided where and when we would be married and went from there. I paid cash for everything as I had the money for it. I started with the big ticket items (dress, reception hall, catering) and bought other things if I could afford them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No, my dad paid for it all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No, our dads paid!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No- my grandma helped pay for a lot of it.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, my husband and I paid for everything....it was a very expensive wedding...we figured we'd waited so long to marry for the first time, and both had great paying jobs, and were inviting our respective company's executive level, that we HAD to have a top-notch wedding!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• First wedding no, second wedding yes. I think we spent maybe $800 on our wedding, including rings. The first one was over $15,000 when the parents were paying!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, my husband and I paid for it all, but we had help in other ways. I designed and printed my own invitations and wedding programs. His aunt made my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses, I just bought all the material, lace, pearls and sequins. My mom and his mom helped prepare the food that we bought for the reception. A friend of mine did all the flower arrangements. I made my own wedding cake and decorations for the reception and the church. Music was provided by two talented cousins and an aunt (flute, piano, organ). Video was done by an uncle. Pics were taken by a friend that gave us a large discount. We rented a limo to take us from the church to the reception all and had a fire engine escort (hubby's a firefighter). I can't remember other small details.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• The 1st wedding no not all of it. The 2nd wedding yes we paid for it all our selves
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes the whole $25 to get a judge down at the court house to marry us. That was back in 1989.

Answer by louise2 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes we paid for it. It was $25 at the courthouse and then we took our parents to dinner.
    TheSTwins

Answer by TheSTwins at 12:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010