New BF trouble...WWYD?

I left my husband not too long ago because he was abusive. A few months later I started talking to an old guy friend of mine who I have known for about 7 years. We started talking and since I was in a shelter we decided it would be a good idea for me to move in with him. It would be better for the kids and myself. Well now that I have gotten here I kind of wish I could go back (he lives a few states over from where I was). He buys me stuff all the time, which makes me feel great about myself, but when he gets angry at me I end up getting the cold shoulder. Yesterday I bummed a cigarette off his aunt and he got so pissed he would talk to me or drive off once we were ready to leave until I gave it back. Even then he wouldn't talk to me and later said he was waiting on me to say something to him cause he would of pulled over and turned off the truck and left me until he calmed down. Would this worry you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• YES!!! He was mad because you asked someone for a cig? Maybe he feels like he can take care of his own, and he thought by you asking for a cig, it made him look like he couldn't. IDK, but just try and talk to him when he's not mad. GL
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 12:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• look like you found another man to take the place of your husband SAME PERSONALITY DIFFERENT MAN.i belive that you rushed into that and didnt give yourself time to heal go back to the shelter take advantage of all the opportunties they offer (school, jobs, whatever) and find yourself then you can be a better mother to your kids and gain a new found love for yourself then you can find someone who will love you and not have to put up with being abused good luck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You need to consider that you are exposing your kids to someone like this, and they are learning from your choices. Don't go from an abusive guy to a crazy one with a bad temper. Please take some time off and just focus on your kids, and learn how to live on your own. You will feel so much stronger when you don't need to depend on people just to get by!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Run ,Run like a thief in the night. This is the warning signs he is controlling and only a matter of time before you will end up in the same place you were before. Take sometime think about yourself and kids and be single before you decide to have another relationship. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You left one abuser for another. Run back to the shelter and get some therapy. You need to learn to change your habits.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes, i would be very concerned to say the least
    leave!!!
    he is controlling
    and control=abuse
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Hmmm... sounds like a silly thing to get all worked up over (talking about your new bf) That is an extreme way to act over you just asking for a cig. I dont know what I would do, i've never been in an abusive relationship. Good Luck.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You need to be independent. It may not be easy, but it is important for you and your children. You can't go from one bad relationship to another.
    It is not good for anyone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010