How would you find out why people don't want to be your friend and ask you to do things with them. I know a ton of people and get invited to lots of things but it always seems like there are click groups and while I do my best to socialize have fun, laugh make jokes in the end no one ever calls me up to say hey would you like to go for a soda or want to come visit?

I am a very friendly person who would do just about anything for anyone. But, I feel extrememly alone. The same thing happens on here they invite you to be their friend and then you never here form them again. I don't want people on here to say hey I'll be your friend that is not what I am asking I want to know how you find out why people won't ask you to do anything outside a group. I know I get invited because it's my work place & they are just being nice. What would you do and how do you go about finding something out. I have a few friends on here that I actually call or call me and they say Hey we are sisters we're so much a like so I know I have to be likeable. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you call and invite them? Maybe they feel the same way. It can be awkward starting a friendship with someone - if you really want to, you need to be the one to get the ball rolling. I know there are so many times I have kicked myself for not asking for another mom's number after our kids have played well together at the park or something.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I do I say when can you meet for coffee or lets go to the movies when are you free and then leave the ball in their court but when we have the staff get togethethers I feel really left out like that have their own click groups like some of the ones on here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010