If I take a pregnany test 12 days past ovulation could I get a positive answer?

How many days past ovulation were you when you found out?

carolinagurl20

Asked by carolinagurl20 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's possible, depending on when implantation occurred and how much hCG your body's producing. I'd go with one of the early response ones (the ones that specifically say they can be used up to 5 days before a missed period) just to be sure.

I was 18 dpo with my first (I knew before then because I was charting and knew for sure when I ovulated, but I wanted to wait to make sure it would show up on the test). I was 14 dpo with my second (I was pretty sure about a week before that, but figured I'd go ahead and test since my period didn't show).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You couldd sue the digital test and it might be able to pick up the pregnancy hormone. Use your first pee of the day. Good luck Momma!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's possible but don't get discouraged if it is a negative. Many women do not show + on the Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT) until they are late.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010