• In the Spotlight:

my son....just...finger painted....with.... adult content

poop. I cleaned it up, but i am still so overwhelmed. He is potty training, he knows better, and I just stuck a diaper on him. He took it right off. what do I do? Your LO ever do that? what did you do? I dont want to discipline for accidents, even though it was disgusting lol. my "discipline" was putting a diaper on him, but he took it off right away.....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I understand not disciplining for accidents, but finger painting with it was NOT an accident.

Last time my DD did that, she got handed the washrag to clean it up. I of course went over it after her, but I did have her attempt to clean it up.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• When my son takes off his diaper I put uncomfortable pants on him lol. He hasn't tried the poop trick yet but I hear it's normal and to be expected, even though it's totally gross. They are little - they don't understand how gross it is.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• wow so this is what im going to go through when i potty train my son i think you can just tellhim thats a no no and you can let him help you clean
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He did help me wipe it! Well....at first no lol. He saw me spray the cleaner on an area and grabbed my purse to wipe it up. I screamed, and handed him the rag LMAO. He didnt do any of this on purpose, I know that...I think he was just feeling the poop, it was squishy and it spread around like paint. I'm sure...at least i'm hoping this won't happen again. thank you getrealmama for the encouragement that this is normal behavior. That DEFINATELY makes me feel better :)
    Thank goodness I am here and SO isnt...he would have locked himself in the bathroom throwing up lol.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• LOL at the purse ;o)

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• it was near the area. I was like nnNNNNOOOOOOOO!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• getrealmama: " normal and to be expected"....ready for a pun? are you SHITTIN me? LOL Oh god.....if THIS is normal and expected I can't wait what else is in store.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• HAHAHA NASTY AND FUNNY! I've known 2 other children to do this. One being my step daughter when she was 2 or so. She painted her room with poopoo paint!!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010