if u only had i child do they ask when theyre getting a brother or sister

my 4 year old asked me that question yesterday i said when the time is right

michelle34231

Asked by michelle34231 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• yep, and then she wanted to know when she could send her back.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• She's asked a lot! Not really "when" but "you and dad need to make me a sister". After getting A LOT of "no's" she decided she'd pick her own sister. Now her and my best friend's daughter call each other sisters since they are both only children. No more asking :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well my son is not old enough to talk yet but going to have another kids but just not right know
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I was an only child (not by my parents choice but from circumstance) and all I ever wanted was a sibling. So, yes, it's perfectly normal for a kid to ask.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My son does not ask at 4 years old. We have asked him if he would like one and his everyone is always asking him this question. He has told us numerous times here lately that he really does NOT want a sibling b/c they do not look fun(his words). I can't blame him b/c I have been through a lot with my siblings and he has seen some of it...We have tried to shield him from it all. He has friends at preschool and playdates. He has friends at church and family members. So for him..it is no big deal b/c he is around kids all the time. IF he would ever ask..I would be honest with him. We do not have plans to have another child b/c mommy and daddy feel our family is complete with you. I would also explain to him when he is older all the things he would have to give up in order for us to have another child.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my mom had 2 miscarriages if they were alive know i would have been the middle child but im happy with being the only 1 but i did have a few foster siblings that was cool
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010