Is it me or does this happen to you too?

We just got back from practice and my kids said they wanted to go in the pool I said sure (thinking I was going to sit back and relax for atleast 15 mins.) Not even 5 mins. One of them come to the door to tell the other is picking on them...aarrgg... I sit back down then the other knocks to tell me there is a spider in the pool. we shoosh it towards the skimmer. I sit back down and they r ready to come in....aarrgg!
Then they say they r hungry. I TOLD THEM TO KEEP THEIR BUTTS OUT THERE FOR 15 MINS. THEN THEY CAN COME IN!!!! the nerve of them I felt like a damn yo-yo. I know it is part of being a mommy ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Totally normal. If it isn't my kids making me stop what I am doing, it is the pets. I feel like I haven't done what I want to do since i gave birth. That is unless they are at Greandma's, even then the dog has to go in and out and in and out.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• sounds pretty normal to me...take a breath :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Mine do stuff like that all the time. My youngest goes out and comes in about 100 times a day. I tell him if he doesn't stay out for 15 minutes he will have to clean something!!! That usually keeps him out for a minute.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Normal, lol
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Don't know the ages, but would it easier to sit out at the pool with a cool drink and take care of problems as they come up out there?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• frustratednormal...

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 2:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I agree it's a normal feeling as a mom on a long day. I have afternoons where I'm all if ur thirst get a capri sun if ur hungry get a snack. I am NOT going to do anything for you for a few mins. I am doing just for me. I call it my mommy time outs.
    LovinKayla

Answer by LovinKayla at 2:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's YOU! Really, I don't know. I rarely have those issues. It does happen, but not all the time or anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010