Terrible twos at 12 months?

My baby is just shy of a year, and she has just recently started with some major attitude changes!! She is so sassy!! She throws herself on the ground and cries when she doesn't get what she wants! (I swear I don't know where she learned it from) Can the "terrible twos" start at 12 months??

noellesmama

Asked by noellesmama at 11:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes they can trust me but they or for my child grew out of them quicker
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my son too he is 13 months and man he starts screamimg when he doent get his way, or if you change the channel and he is watching Dora or Diego. He also started walking and he want to do what he wants I guess they will grow out of it
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• The badly names "Terrible Twos" start when the baby becomes really aware that she and you are two seperate people and that you don't always do what she wants.

Decide now how you will respond to tantrums at home, in the store, in a resturant, etc. Consistancy is the key.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• yes, does she watch tv or cartoons? temper tantrums are, i believe a learned habit,and they will grow out of them. we just never know when.
    mother_of_52008

Answer by mother_of_52008 at 4:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My dd is 15 months almost. and shes doing the same thing. so yes, i think they can start before two. i think they started with my dd around 12 months as well.....good luck!!
    prd2b_calledmom

Answer by prd2b_calledmom at 5:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son has done the same thing , almost right after he turned one he has changed so much. He also throws himself on the floor, and wants to be carried more. the only thing i do is not give in when he is throwing a fit, i coninue with whatever im doing and let him throw his fit, eventually he stops and goes and plays.Im sure they will grow out of it and they are just testing us.
    JayBearsmomma

Answer by JayBearsmomma at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yes they can start after two years and before... it's your child learning to push their limits. Despite their age stay strong and firm now so that they learn throwing temper tantrums will get them nothing. My son did this at 18 months... I ignored him when he acted like that, he learned quick enough that his nasty temper got him nothing
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i am glad to hear this a phase.DD does this and i thought i was doing something wrong.she also screams this high pitch scream-like she's hurt. I hate it!!!! Between the screams and the baby crying(15 m dd)-and the no sleeping at night my temper is short!
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 11:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2008